Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a personal best

i made up for missing my night's sleep by sleeping a straight 18 hours last night...  did i wake refreshed? i felt like i was in another universe...  i mean, more than usual.... it was as if i were looking at everything for the first time... weird... no hang on, i don't think it was a personal best, i think i slept for 20 hours in london once when i had my horrid flat in green lanes... i had just done a series of exams and also eaten a lot of cake a friend had made me to say well done... hang on! i wonder what 'type' of cake that was... mmm... i wonder if sugar was the only drug in it... anyhow, i have slept enough for two days now, and very good it was two... i could hear my phones and my skype going mad in the night but i couldn't get together the energy even to pick up my iPad! so very tired was emma... being of delicate sensibility i have always really needed my sleep... late nights are one thing, but no nights are quite another... oh gosh now there is no internet connection at all, let alone slow... this girl of mine, miss magic, my connection with the outside world... the creator of all things... why is she only coming and going?... i wonder why... is she shy today or just feeling flippant and a bit mischievous like a female puck?...or...fuck as one might feminize... so... she flits about... i wonder what colour she wears... i bet its fuchsia...no, stop it emma, that is just a silly joke and indulgent too, i bet it's pale green ... so anyhow, it wasn't a personal best...